Podcasts are becoming ever so popular. Especially podcasts to help you build your brand. For some, podcasts are replacing TV time, radio and books. Whether you are interested in business, tech, life coaching, academia, culture, comedy or chat shows, there’s a podcast out there for you.
We’ve recently been chatting to fellow business owners about podcasts in our Facebook group, ‘Highly Unforgettable Brands‘ and our neighbours in the Canolfan S4C Yr Egin. They have shared their current podcast list which add value to their business and personal development.
Which topics came out on top? Fellow business owners are listening to leadership and entrepreneurial advice podcasts. How to build successful brands and podcasts on how to engage customers.
Why listen to podcasts? At Highly, we listen to podcasts because it’s a good way to relax and learn at the same time. You can top up your knowledge on a topic and come up with new ideas for your business. Learning from other business experiences (the do’s and don’t) can guide you on your own business journey.
5 business podcast suggestions
Here are the top suggestions from local business owners on which podcasts help them to build their brand:
- The Futur with Chris Do – featuring podcasts on ‘Don’t call it a side hustle’, Marketing vs Branding and Believe you Can (James Owen, Divine Creations)
- How I grew my brand by Mary Nightingale – this podcast interviews entrepreneurs and business leaders such as MindfulChef, Turtle Bay and Deliciously Ella (Lisa Fearn, Y Sied Coffee Shop)
- Craig Groeschel Leadership Podcast – this podcast offers personal, practical coaching lessons that take the mystery out of leadership. (Daniel Patterson, Highly)
- Customer Engagement Radio – topics include creating distinction, communicating with impact and principles of negotiating. (Justin Thomas, Siarp)
- Disruptive Entrepreneur – topics include Biggest Trends of 2020, when you are feeling sorry for yourself, 10 hard lessons and Personal vs Company Brand (Gruffydd Rees, Mel Gwenyn Gruffydd)
Getting the balance right between work and life is tricky, and the majority of us are listening to podcasts and audio books in the car. There are a number of apps out there you can use whether you have an apple or android phone. Spotify is also very popular for podcasts, take a look at this guide from Podcast Insight.
Thank you to our contributors for your suggestions.
Do you have any podcast suggestions?
We would love to hear some of your podcast recommendations. Drop us a note in the comments below and we might feature you next time!